Today You Twinki-Winki
My name is Alex, I love making art, fashion, and teaching but got fed up with letting my perfectionism put my joy on hold. So I created Twinki-Winki, a boutique brand that inspires women who feel stuck to care less and play more.
If it were up to me, you’d never put feeling fab on hold. Ever.
Because you’d always feel worthy of feeling good.
photo: ©Diego Alonso, Madrid, Spain
For years I struggled to get over my perfectionism.
Although I’ve been consistently making art and writing for over 20 years, I’ve been too afraid to stop living small. I’ve let my perfectionism keep my joy on hold. Pretty much all my life. Yikes.
Then I discovered that my sassy misfit attitude is a superpower for getting myself unstuck.
Now I’m a recovering perfectionist who’s learned how to care less and play more. And I inspire other women who feel stuck to do the same.
Yep, I’m in the process of making a beautiful life by getting my butt seriously unstuck. Uh-huh. Because I’ve got me a philosophy. No lie. I like to call it inspired rebel living because that makes it sound all swanky. But honestly, it's pretty darn simple. It’s equal parts attitude, love of process, and satisfaction.
And it goes like this:
The more you like being you, the more you thrive.
The fastest way to getting unstuck and feeling good about yourself is by caring less and playing more. So let me start by reminding you that fabulous is as fabulous does.
• You don’t need to wait for a special occasion to dress up.
• You don’t need a reason to feel good about yourself.
• You don’t need permission from anyone else to shine.
Think of me as a rebel.
Yep, a rebel on a mission to bring more joy to the world, one human at a time. Starting with myself. And I just happen to be an artist, a teacher, and a fashion misfit. So there ya go.
Who better than a rebel to inspire you to follow your joy and own your desire to feel fabulous! Because what a rebel values most is freedom. Namely, the freedom to love yourself and express your creativity.
Take it from me, a recovering perfectionist and introvert now showing up in videos as the Pink Fairy for all to see. Because I’m giving myself permission to care less and play more.
The fact that you’re even reading this is proof that I’m getting unstuck and stepping into my truth. Because Twinki-Winki is the next level of my big self.
Ya see I’ve combined all my loves into Twinki-Winki - my art, design, fashion, and teaching. And by doing so, I’m finally giving myself permission to shine.
• Learning to overcome my perfectionism and fears about not being good enough.
• Reminding myself about how much I love having fun with fashion, and how expressing my personal style on the outside makes me feel braver on the inside.
• Figuring out how I feel about the world through storytelling and writing.
• Teaching about the creative process of art-making and inspired living.
Fabulous is as fabulous does.
To do fabulous start by thinking like your future fab self now. Because she’s treating herself with kindness and having fun styling her outfits. She’s expressing her creativity and not waiting for a special occasion. She knows she doesn’t need a reason to feel good. And she certainly doesn’t need permission from anyone else to shine.
Let Twinki-Winki fill your life with color, joy, smiles, style, and attitude. Let’s do fabulous together.
Because life is too short to put feeling fabulous on hold, don’t ya know. It’s your time to shine.
Today you twinki-winki.
I'm Alex, your Twinki-Winki little-miss-sunshine.
p.s. Here are some links for further reading about Twinki-Winki:
• On the FOLLOWING JOY page you’ll get a swift intro to my passions from early childhood.
• On the UNSTUCK PHILOSOPHY page you’ll learn how inspired rebel living can help you.
• On the MANIFESTO page you can read how Twinki-Winki wants you to be your own bestie.
• On the TESTIMONIALS page you can find out what customers are saying about their products.
• And there’s always more feel-good reading on the TWINKI-WINKI HQ BLOG and the POSH ME FAB FASHION DIARY.